Monday, October 24, 2011

HELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?

Hi there,



I'm turning 18 this June 18th and I am filling the paper work out for a legal name change. With the form I have to send my birth certificate, citizenship card etc. My parents have ALL this documentation. But, they oppose my name change and so they will not give me any of these things.



How can I legally get these things from them? Should I call the police to confisicate these things from them?



I mean... they have to give it to me if I'm 18 and i need these to file a legal name change!



Help please. What should I do?



Thanks in advance. 10 points!!HELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?Your 18 time to do things on your own!

When did you move out??



They own the documents, they paidHELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?Order one for yourself. You're 18 and you can get your own copy. They don't have to give them to you.HELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?hello,,looks like you will have to apply for a duplicate. You could get a lawyer and have the court order them to give them up, but maybe that will break your family too much.HELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?yes justs get a duplbicate and ask them again WHEN UR 18.HELP! Parents won't accept my legal name change?Contact the register of deeds for the county you were born in. You will be able to order a copy of your own birth certificate.



You should be able to order any other forms you need yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment