Monday, October 24, 2011

Windows XP moving back my files & changing file names back?

I have 8 folders which in the past I've deleted which have now re-appeared a few days ago. They are full of music tracks which I renamed and moved then deleted the folder, but now most (not all) are back again with the folders and changed back the file names to %26quot;01 Track 1%26quot; etc, or I capitalized and fixed up the file names, but computer has changed back to %26quot;22 guru - major game (prod. by domingo)%26quot;



I was ripping tracks in Windows Media Player from random CD's.



Now my folder names are:



Unknown Album (7-15-2008 10-53-20 PM)

Unknown Album (7-15-2008 10-53-21 PM)

Unknown Album (7-15-2008 10-53-22 PM)

Unknown Album (7-15-2008 10-53-23 PM)



etc all the way up to (7-15-2008 10-53-27 PM)



I've tried changing the file names back to what I previously had (capitalized etc) and moved them to another folder with the rest of my music but a few days later they move back again.



I don't know why this didn't happen to all the tracks???





How do I stop the files moving back????Windows XP moving back my files %26amp; changing file names back?May be your windows media player is re-arranging the files itself. When it does this, it organizes your audio into folder hierarchies e.g.:



Artist Name\Album Name\track no-song title.wma



Since you ripped music using WMP probably this is what it did. To disable it:



* Open WMP options:

* Go to library tab

* Un-check %26quot;Rename music files using rip music settings%26quot;

* Un-check %26quot;Rearrange music in rip music folder using rip music settings%26quot;



Look for other similar options if any. These work in WMP11. I like this feature by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment