Monday, October 24, 2011

How long should it take to receive my birth certificate after i changed my name?

My parents filed a name change for me sometime last year 2008 in august i was 17, and its already been a year since they approved my case and everything and i am 18 now and i still haven't received my birth certificate which i paid for. what is going on does it normally take this long?How long should it take to receive my birth certificate after i changed my name?No, it doesn't normally take that long. Assuming you are still at the same address (because if you moved, they might have sent it to your old address and it wasn't forwarded), I would call the state office that handles birth certificates in the state where you were born. You should be able to get their contact info from the link. Good luck!How long should it take to receive my birth certificate after i changed my name?No it does not. It must have gotten lost in the mail somehow. Contact your local vital statistics office (usually in city hall) and let them know. When government documents appear lost(or ur mailman wants to be a jerk), the mailman or post office sends them back. One possibility is that someone stole it and may be using your name! Hope that's not the case. Your name is probably already changed in their database, just show them your receipt to prove that you paid for it, and there should be no problem. Good luck! The dude that answered before me knows the website u can go to =)
  • for hunting squirrel
  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment