Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do i change a file name on a word doc that I saved?

I save a word doc as .DOT instead of .DOC so it doesnt open. How can I change it to a .DOC fileHow do i change a file name on a word doc that I saved?I just made a trial of this on my computer and saved by purpose a file with the .dot ending.



You realize the computer thinks this is a template file!



You should be able to open it from Ms word as a template or check on %26quot;all files%26quot;



When you go to the File menu up in the left upper side of Ms Word you go to Open and it will open a folder. At the bottom the file name; next line down is the file type.



Select file type template or all and everything should be easy.



If you know which folder it is in --no problem.

If you cannot find the folder do a search for *.dot files and it will probably display quickly. then double click on it and it should open automatically.



If you don't know how to do a search, ask me.How do i change a file name on a word doc that I saved?Just click on your file but make sure don't open it and then right clcik on it you'll see Rename then clcik on it and change it.How do i change a file name on a word doc that I saved?Go to the folder where your doc in question is before you open it, right click on it once. Then you should be able to rename/change it to .doc. Sometimes it's as simple as that, but you might have to try something else.How do i change a file name on a word doc that I saved?well its simple, go to folder options (in a xp window, tools-%26gt;folder options) in that uncheck %26quot;hide extensions of known file types%26quot; press apply or ok. now ur file with dot extension will be visible, rename .dot to .doc, u r done. now it will open

No comments:

Post a Comment