Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change multiple file names on a mac?

Basically I have 800 files that start with something like %26quot;SR100 - 0%26quot; what I want to do is delete this part of the file name. I cant use the rename thing in automator as the digits that i want to delete are different in each file, but there are always the same amount of digits, so I want to basically delete the first 7 digits of every file name. Does anyone know how I can do this easily? i'm pretty desperate!



Cheers



IanHow do I change multiple file names on a mac?I have to do this sort of thing for work all the time. The program I use is called %26quot;A Better Finder Rename%26quot;. It does an amazing job. You can set it to exactly what you describe.



http://www.publicspace.net/ABetterFinderRename/How do I change multiple file names on a mac?Hi-lite SR100-0, then hit the Enter key. It will change and allow you to type in whatever you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment