Friday, September 23, 2011

Cannot copy *file name*: the parameter is incorrect. Know how to fix this?

I'm using an Iomega 160GB USB 2.0 External HD seen below:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/;_ylt=



I'm trying to copy the following files to the external HD:

- TeX aVeRy.DVD1 FuLL FReNCH.eNGL [13.4GB]

- La Vie En Rose (%26lt;~~ a French Movie) [8.83GB]



Both are .iso files which are DVD rips.



I have encountered this problem in the past and it was usually because the file name was too long. Well.....that's not the case this time. I have tried changing the file name and I've also tried compressing the files before I copy and I get the same error.



I have other .iso DVD rips I have already copied to this hard drive, so I do not understand what is causing the problem for these two particular files.



Feel free to IM me if u like....just click my avatar for the link. If you need additional info, simply ask and it will be provided.



ThanksCannot copy *file name*: the parameter is incorrect. Know how to fix this?%26quot;La Vie...%26quot; 's filename as written has %26quot;illegal%26quot; characters in it

%26quot;TeXaVeRy...%26quot;'s file name has %26quot;.%26quot; in it. This is another %26quot;illegal%26quot; character.

you can not use () ~ in filenames.

If you take those out you may have more success.Cannot copy *file name*: the parameter is incorrect. Know how to fix this?99.99% certain this is going to be a data/checksum problem as that's what I have seen several times with this Windows file copy error message. ...and that percent sign wrecks spell-check /submit here and then it complains about 300 WORD limit.

Report Abuse

Cannot copy *file name*: the parameter is incorrect. Know how to fix this?hmmmm the file name seem to be incorrect. shouldn't the extension name be .iso?

No comments:

Post a Comment