Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I fix MP3 file names?

I've downloaded a buch of music, but all the file names turn out like this



07-tango_192_lame_cbr.mp3



It should say



Tango.mp3



How do I make it show up normally without having to change each file name manually? I have well over 1500 songs with the titles messed up, and it would take far too long to change them all manually. When I put them into windows media player, it fixes most of them, but I am on a macbook. Anybody know how to fix them? Or a program that can fix them for me?How do I fix MP3 file names?You have to rename each file individually. Unfortunately, windows sucks, nothing you can do about it.



When you download them though(probably from a p2p or gnutella network, as I know from experience), try no to get the ones with a messed up file name. Get one that has the filename you like.



That's what I do, Im very picky about filenames in the same way you are.How do I fix MP3 file names?Right click on the file, click rename, type in Tango.mp3.

You can't get them to change automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment