Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I get file extensions to show up in my windows vista folders?

I need to change a file name from .htm to .html in order to post it on my web site and right now the only way I can even see the extension is to view it in properties. I have heard that there is a way to get vista to %26quot;show file extensions%26quot; but I cannot find it.How do I get file extensions to show up in my windows vista folders?1) Open up your Documents folder (or any folder).

2) Press the 'Alt' key on your keyboard.

3) Goto Tools %26gt; Folder Options

4) Click the View tab

5) Uncheck the box %26quot;Hide extensions for known filetypes%26quot;

6) Click Apply %26gt; OK

7) Rename your file whatever you like = )How do I get file extensions to show up in my windows vista folders?Open a folder and click on the Organise button (top left), choose %26quot;folder and search options%26quot; this will open a new little window. Go to the view tab and uncheck the box that says %26quot;Hide extensions for known file types%26quot;
  • shampoo good for hair
  • hair gel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment