Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I transfer an MOD file to one that will work on Windows Movie Maker?

I found some sites that say to re-name the file(change the MOD to MPG), but there's no MOD in the file name to change.How do I transfer an MOD file to one that will work on Windows Movie Maker?Found this on a blog ... Hope it helps!



%26quot;I recently purchased a JVC camcorder that records video as .MOD files. I can't seem to edit the files or play them on my PC. Is there a way to convert .MOD files to .MPG or something that works on my computer?%26quot;



.MOD files are JVC's implementation of MPEG-2 transport streams, similar to a VOB file on a DVD or the M2T files used on Sony hard drive camcorders. You don't actually need to convert the files to .MPG in order to make them playable on your computer, you can simply rename them in most cases.



First copy the .MOD file from your video camera to your hard drive. Right-click the file and choose Rename from the menu.



Delete the .mod extension and replace it with .mpg.



If you can't see the file extension when you go to rename it, open Windows Explorer, go to Tools %26gt; Folder options, click the view tab and uncheck the box next to Hide extensions for known file types before completing the steps above.

No comments:

Post a Comment