Friday, September 23, 2011

How to Change the default location of a .html File from my desktop to a folder?

Hello,

I am having trouble changing the location in which my internet browser looks for an .html file I have created- I was wondering is there a way to change what the name of the file that the browser looks for, as well as where it looks for the file.



Thanks--How to Change the default location of a .html File from my desktop to a folder?I believe you are referring to the index.html file. The home page needs to always be named index, and that is what the browser will look for to display on your website.



Also, the browser does not look on your desktop for a file, unless you are just viewing a preview through a web editing program. You need to use hosting, then upload your files via FTP.How to Change the default location of a .html File from my desktop to a folder?Hi, I'm not sure if we're talking apple and apples, but that is done through the web server setup/admin.

No comments:

Post a Comment