Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?

I don't understand how it is doing this. I just got the free version of Spyware Doctor today and I was cleaning up a lot of the spyware it found on my computer. In my cookies folder there is one cookie named 'default@go[2]' that keeps changing its name every ten seconds or so to 'default@go[1]'. I can sit here and watch it change intermittently. Windows won't let me delete the file because it doesn't recognize the filepath (I assume because the file changed names after i clicked delete). I've tried renaming the file myself, and then deleting it. I can delete the file when I do that, but in ten seconds it reappears. This is freaking me out. Any advice on how to get this thing off my computer (or find its source so I can delete that)?How do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?Get SpyBot Search %26amp; Destroy and Ad-aware free from DOWNLOAD.com. You see, just one Anti-spyware program will cover all bases. Try Rebooting your computer into SAFE MODE, then deleting that file.How do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?IE-options-delete cookies-How do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?It sounds like even if you delete it, it will reappear. I think you may need to redo your computer. Save everything first, and start the restoration process. I had the same problem a few months back, and that was the only way I fixed it. Good luck!How do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?you got a virus - get NAV or MacAfeeHow do I delete a cookie that keeps changing its filename?That looks like a standard cookie drop. If you think it is a virus, set IE not to accept cookies and see if they show up again.

No comments:

Post a Comment