Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I change the name that shows up under Excel comments?

Where in Windows do I change the name so that when I add a comment to an Excel file, it shows my name instead of my boss's name? I know I can manually edit it, but I want to change it permanently. Thanks,How do I change the name that shows up under Excel comments?That information is 'probably' stored in the registry. Just do a search of the registry for your boss's name (exactly as it appears in the comments) and then look at the folder it is contained in. Once you determine it's an Excel folder, edit the registtry key.



HOWEVER, be very, very careful because if you don't know what you're doing, you could cause some serious issues with your computer.



To edit your registry, type 'regedit' (without quotes) in a Run box.



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment