Friday, September 23, 2011

What are the steps and proceedures to file a petition to change a last name?

I recently got a divorce. It did not include granting me my maiden name. I thought it would be no problem to get my last name changed back so we did not address it in the divorce however i have since found out that it is going to involve it's own legal action thru the court. I cannot afford an attorney and I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but I do not want to live my life with this extremely bad nightmare of a marriage following me around in the form of a last name. I need to know what I need to do to get it done on my own. I live in the state of Missouri. Other than filing a petition, paying the filing fee and publishing it in the paper 3 times I don't know specifically what to do or how to go about getting the paper work required to file at the court house. Please help!What are the steps and proceedures to file a petition to change a last name?Sorry to tell you but you have your answer already. the only other thing you could do is to get remarried.

ayfr

No comments:

Post a Comment